While this suit for damages (due to illness and for continued medical monitoring) includes some civilians, it also represents the grievances of some of the first responders who went toward the danger.
Contrail has decided to build a new movable bridge.
Two weeks after the Conrail freight train accident and chemical spill in Paulsboro the Coast Guard reports significant progress in cleaning things up.
As the cleanup from the Conrail freight train derailment in Paulsboro, NJ continues, people are lining up to sue the rail carrier over the leak of vinyl chloride.
In audio provided by the US Coast Guard, crews could be heard working to clear collapsed bridge pilings and debris that will allow the remaining tankers in the Mantua Creek to be offloaded and removed.
Authorities still can’t give an estimate of how long the cleanup will take, and that’s one of the issues likely to come up at a community meeting scheduled for Wednesday night.
In the wake of the Paulsboro train derailment, South Jersey Congressman Rob Andrews is suggesting the federal government may need to take a more direct role in rail-bridge safety.
More New Jersey residents were ordered Tuesday to leave their homes because of air contamination from a train derailment last week that leaked a hazardous gas.
Speaking on a conference call on Tuesday afternoon, Rep. Andrews (D-NJ) expressed frustration at the pace of the cleanup of last Friday’s derailment.
Officials say the town is safe outside of the evacuated area near the crash.
A shelter-in-place order that was issued Monday morning for residents in Paulsboro, New Jersey has been lifted.
A signal may have malfunctioned on a southern New Jersey bridge where a train derailed, causing a hazardous chemical to spew into the air and leading to health problems, an evacuation, tricky cleanup decisions and broader questions about the condition of railway infrastructure.
Local officials in Paulsboro, NJ say they are pushing for more federal support to ensure that the train derailment that happened on Friday never happens again.
A division of the Department of Transportation, the Federal Railroad Administration, usually just oversees how companies do rail bridge inspections.
The derailed cars were carrying a chemical called vinyl chloride, which spilled into Mantua Creek.
- Car Carrier Crashes Into Low Clearance Bridge In Whitemarsh
- Man Shot By Police In Carney's Point After Car Stop
- Source: Federal Funds Might Be Made Available For Philadelphia Schools
- Pennsylvania Senate Republicans Unveil Liquor Reform Proposal
- Judge Imposes Maximum Sentence On Man For Violent Robbery Of Elderly Woman
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...