Pa. Voter ID Law
On Day Two of the hearing over Pennsylvania’s voter ID law, an elections expert has testified that the number of people affected by the new law could be substantially larger than the Commonwealth acknowledges.
“It’s been like hell for me,” says lead plaintiff Viviette Applewhite, 93, who testified that she’s been trying for years to get acceptable ID.
“I say to you, and I want you to quote me directly: Tom Corbett is liar!” Jerome Mondesire of the NAACP told the crowd.
The US Department of Justice says it is reviewing whether Pennsylvania’s new voter photo ID law is in compliance with the federal Voting Rights Act.
The chant was, “Don’t block my vote!” as red AARP shirts peppered the lawn at Independence Mall.
The panel discussion centered on the new law and its connection with a related issue that surfaced two years ago.
- Local Red Cross Sends Help To Oklahoma Tornado Disaster Area
- 2 Injured After Car Slams Into Wall Outside Yeadon Fire Department
- Study: Obesity Rates Highest Among Transportation Workers
- Penalty Phase Begins In Kaboni Savage Murder Case
- Judge To Decide In Several Weeks Whether To Throw Out Corbett’s Case Against NCAA
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...