Medical marijuana can help ease patients’ pain, but apparently, it can also save lives.
The FDA has approved an oxycodone pill designed to deter abuse.
Ocean County prosecutors say 23-year-old Rasan McGee of Atlantic City received a six-year prison term when he was sentenced Friday.
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie this week expanded a pilot program to allow every state police officer to carry the nasal spray version of Narcan, a drug that can literally save the life of someone overdosing on narcotics.
The task force will be made up of parents, teachers, civic organizations, students, medical professionals, law enforcement and religious leaders, and the Board says it’s already received more than a dozen applications from candidates.
Gov. Christie will announce the statewide expansion Tuesday of a program that allows police officers to carry and administer a drug that can quickly reverse a heroin overdose.
Some police officers in New Jersey are now permitted to administer a drug that counteracts heroin overdoses.
Officials hope it will help battle an epidemic of drug overdoses and deaths.
A Philadelphia area woman is facing homicide charges after allegedly supplying heroin to her boyfriend, who died of an overdose.
People seeking medical attention for someone overdosing on drugs would be protected from prosecution under a bill that has passed the New Jersey Legislature.
A local parent, devastated by the loss of his son to a drug overdose, is personally appealing to President Obama and others to change the nation’s medical privacy laws.
Prosecutors say a southern New Jersey man has been charged with illegally disposing of the body of a woman who died of a drug overdose.
When Eagles coach Andy Reid’s son Garrett was found dead on August 5th, he was in possession of 19 vials of unknown substances, 47 syringes and 64 needles. On Monday, Northampton County District Attorney John Morganelli spoke regarding the Reid case and what was contained in those vials.
Police are investigating nine possible overdoses at a Center City concert venue.
Stephanie Bongiovi was found unresponsive by medics after she apparently overdosed on heroin in a Hamilton College dorm early Wednesday.