The study looked at data from 117 deaths captured by American Red Cross mortality tracking during the time period from October 28 to November 30, 2012.
PA officials said Thursday that $340 million in federal disaster-relief funds will be available to New York communities affected by Superstorm Sandy.
The New York Islanders won again on the road, coming up with a 4-3 shootout victory over the Philadelphia Flyers on Thursday night.
Roy Halladay allowed one run and three hits in 2 1-3 innings and the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Yankees 10-5 Friday, New York’s seventh straight spring loss.
The line of Claude Giroux, Matt Read and Jakub Voracek combined for three goals and 10 points Monday, helping the Philadelphia Flyers break a slump with a 7-0 matinee victory over the New York Islanders.
Two firefighters are dead and two others are injured after being shot while responding to a call, according to Webster, N.Y. police.
President Barack Obama is asking Congress for $60.4 billion in federal aid for New York, New Jersey and other states hit by Superstorm Sandy in late October, congressional aides said Friday.
FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate said the disaster relief agency has several hundred mobile homes in its inventory of emergency supplies and has started moving some of them to disaster zone.
The Louisiana team, including GOHSEP Director Kevin Davis and emergency managers form Calcasieu and St. Tammany parishes, left Tuesday for the East Coast.
- Police: Suspect Drug Employee With Vehicle While Fleeing After Robbery
- Philadelphia Hosts US Mayors For Discussion on Technology and Government
- Hurricane Forecast: Another Busy Atlantic Season
- CDC Says Majority Of Sandy Victims Drowned
- City Council OKs Law Requiring Parental Supervision of Teens at Tanning Salons
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta