Federal regulators began examining a nuclear plant in northeastern Pennsylvania on Monday following three unexpected shutdowns, but the facility’s operator said it is safe and stable.
Oyster Creek in Lacey Township, N.J., was already offline for regular maintenance before Sandy, a superstorm downgraded Monday night from a hurricane, slammed the East Coast.
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission says a reactor operator at a suburban Philadelphia nuclear power plant has been removed from duty after being found under the influence of alcohol.
For the second time in two months, the Three Mile Island nuclear power plant has had an automatic shutdown.
The plant experienced the malfunction, which led to a shutdown of the reactor, around 8:15 a.m. on Wednesday.
Officials say an electrical malfunction on the non-nuclear side of a suburban Philadelphia power plant has forced one of the two reactors to be shut down.
Normal operations have resumed at a southern New Jersey nuclear plant that was taken offline late last month for refueling and maintenance work.
The Salem 2 nuclear plant in southern New Jersey has been taken offline after a leak of low-level radioactive water developed during routine testing of an emergency cooling system.
One of New Jersey’s nuclear plants will be shutting down for good 10 years ahead of schedule, but not for awhile.
- CBS Philly Stations Raise More Than $225,000 For Oklahoma Disaster Victims
- Local Eagle Scout Says Boy Scouts' Vote To Allow Gay Members Still May Generate Disconnect
- Corbett Says Latino Comment Taken Out Of Context
- Campbell Soup Buys Organic Baby Food Company
- Exclusive: I-Team Uncovers What Prayer-Healing Family Told Police After Son’s Death
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta