Authorities were called into action after an explosion on a bridge over the Amtrak train tracks early Friday evening in the Brewerytown neighborhood of Philadelphia.
Amtrak is going to break the speed limit this week in the Northeast Corridor.
SEPTA headquarters was the location of a public scoping open house and hearing Monday evening on a future plan for a 220-mile an hour speed train along the Northeast Corridor.
Amtrak released its 30-year vision several weeks back and later today the Federal Railroad Administration will engage in some give-and-take over what it might mean here.
This plan merges years of work on improving existing service with a bold vision for the next four decades that could include an airport stop and a tunnel in Philadelphia.
“We will send them an electronic ticket by email or over their smartphone that they can print themselves, or present from their smartphone to their conductor,” Amtrak’s Matt Hardison explains.
New Jersey Transit is getting together with Google — but it’s for speed, not for search.
Amtrak is back up and running on a normal schedule this morning after three straight days of delays because of low-voltage along the Northeast Corridor.
Trains along the Northeast Corridor are being disrupted at the start of the Thursday rush hour, with Amtrak and New Jersey Transit service suspended along some of the most heavily traveled lines in the northeast for the third time in three days.
New Jersey Transit and Amtrak service between Philadelphia and New York City has been restored.
The Delaware Valley is one of the big winners in the award of $2 billion in federal transportation funds.
Amtrak has joined the social media movement and is now tweeting about major problems.
If you’re one of a few thousand people in the area who commutes by rail to New York every day, you probably were disappointed last month when New Jersey Governor Chris Christie killed the idea of a new tunnel under the Hudson River.
Amtrak riders on runs out to Harrisburg and along the Northeast Corridor will soon have new electric locomotives pulling them along although the equipment upgrade, long in coming, will take awhile to be completed.
- City Council OKs Law Requiring Parental Supervision of Teens at Tanning Salons
- Police: Boy Chained To Table For Not Finishing Dinner
- Phila. Charter Schools Urge City and State To Increase Education Funding Citywide
- Study: Kids Exposed To Air Pollution At Young Age At Higher Risk Of Hyperactivity
- Delaware County SPCA Offering Free Pet Adoptions For Vets And Military Families
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta