NJ State Senate
“Since the residents of New Jersey are going to be asked to invest a lot into the restoration of these shore communities, I think once we restore these communities we should have free beach access for all the people,” says state senator Michael Doherty.
It still must pass the Assembly before moving on to Gov. Chris Christie.
The governor gets his revenue projections from the state treasurer and puts them in his budget. Legislators turn to their own expert in the Office of Legislative Services (OLS).
The nine-time Olympic gold medalist said he would still be involved in Democratic campaigns and charity work. “Service does not need a title,” he said.
Meanwhile, the US Third Circuit Court of Appeals wants the Camden federal judge who heard this matter last week to consider the effect on Lewis’ candidacy of a state-mandated, four-year residency requirement, and to decide whether it runs afoul of the US Constitution.
A three-judge federal appeals panel in Philadelphia is now considering whether to put former Olympic runner Carl Lewis back on the New Jersey primary ballot for State Senate even as the question of his legal residency is debated in court.
Olympic runner Carl Lewis is running out of legal options to get back on the ballot for a Burlington County seat in the New Jersey State Senate.
- Suspect Wanted In Sex Assault Of 15-Year-Old In Philadelphia
- Christie Acknowledges Progress Made, But Says 'It’s Not Where I Want It To Be'
- Bucks County Unveils Plans For Global War On Terror Memorial, But They Need Help Covering The Costs
- Rapper To Project Music Video Onto 3 Philadelphia Landmarks
- Police Search For Missing 12-Year-Old Boy In Philadelphia
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...