NHL Eastern Conference
The shots and the pressure were bound to cause the Flyers to break. They were able to escape the lapses in play and concentration in the first period of Game 1 against the New Jersey Devils, but on Tuesday, the Flyers weren’t about to squirm free this time.
Danny Briere fired home the game-winning goal in overtime, lifting the Flyers to 4-3 victory on Sunday at the Wells Fargo Center. It was Briere’s fourth career overtime playoff-winning goal.
The NHL released the schedule for the 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs on Sunday night — and the Philadelphia Flyers will open their first round series with the Buffalo Sabres at home on Thursday at 7:30 PM.
- Historical Monument To Overlook Graves Of Veterans In Philadelphia
- Author Hopes To Lure People Back Into Studying History With Book On Civil War
- Philadelphia To See Economic Boost From NCAA Lacrosse Championships
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...