The owner of the Inquirer, Daily News, and philly.com says it may liquidate operations if it doesn’t reach new contracts with its labor unions by next Friday.
Meanwhile, the union that represents workers at Philadelphia’s two major daily newspapers is challenging the layoffs.
Today was the day that new owners were scheduled to take over the Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News. But the immediate future of the media company remains uncertain.
- Governor Corbett Faces Off Against NCAA
- Philadelphia Police Fired At More Suspects, Last Year, Than In The Previous Two Years; Officials Blame Armed Suspects
- National Immigration Rates On The Rise While Births Are On The Decline
- Former Hockey Star Reflects On Highs And Lows Of His Career
- Gaming Board Official Concerned About Free On-Line Casino Games