New England Journal of Medicine
According to a new study in the New England Journal of Medicine smokers loose at least 10 years of life expectancy compared to non-smokers.
Thanks to electronic medical records outputting data at an unprecedented rate and volume, databases for studies can now number in the millions. There are advantages and disadvantages as to how this might influence patient care and treatment.
Three types of ‘patients’ turn to doctors for pain medication: those who are in pain, those who are addicted to the drugs and those who are filling prescriptions only to sell the drugs on the street.
The pill is not the most effective way to prevent pregnancy, despite millions taking it, according to a new study. 3 On Your Side Health Reporter Stephanie Stahl explains why, and what is more reliable.
Medicines like Boniva and Fosamax are prescribed to help build bone strength and prevent fracture. But the FDA review, published in The New England Journal of Medicine, found that after three to five years of use, the risks may outweigh the benefits of this class of drugs called bisphosphonates.
The use of computers in the health care industry may mean that Information gained from the compilation of patient data and the ability for doctor’s to communicate with one another could revolutionize the way care is provided.
Studies show identifying cancer causing polyps with a colonoscopy reduces the colon cancer death rate by 50%.
Social media helps facilitate health care during disasters.
According to a report in the New England Journal of Medicine, doctors now have confirmed a specific target for lowering blood sugar. It is to get the hemoglobin a1c to about seven percent — but not much lower.
If you are considering getting pregnant, you should see an obstetrician as soon as you can.
This report, based on 820,000 people and it reviewed 97 existing studies, finds that diabetes can shorten an average person’s life by six years.
Researchers have found that there is an increased relationship between severe hypoglycemia and death. There is also double the risk of a non-fatal heart attack and stroke.
In traditional CPR, a person provides rescue breathing as well as chest compressions for a person who’s had a cardiac event.
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Suspect Wanted In Sex Assault Of 15-Year-Old In Philadelphia
- Christie Acknowledges Progress Made, But Says 'It’s Not Where I Want It To Be'
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...