One of the most common problems in medicine is something you may never have heard of. Syncope is a short-term but abrupt loss of consciousness with a complete return to normal after the episode.
Did you ever wonder why certain things taste different?
Those who did well in the math section of the PSAT showed more activity in the brain area linked to memory of math facts.
Scientists have found that blinking may be linked to how we pay attention, rather than simply a mechanism to lubricate the eyes.
Pregnancy is a critical time period in which brain function and structure develop. A new study suggests children of mothers who had high blood pressure during pregnancy showed reduced thinking abilities.
Researchers have found that emotion-processing areas of the brain become more active when people are given a tough decision.
Humans are the only animal that thinks about the future. But few scientists have looked at how we form vivid mental images of events that have not yet occurred. The best effort has been by researchers at Washington University of St. Louis.
Researchers studied the brains of more than 150 elderly individuals to determine whether amyloid beta plaques could be an indicator for Alzheimer’s.
New research explains how a protein associated with Alzheimer’s disease risk can cause vascular defects in the brain.
Researchers at Harvard are taking MRIs of the brains of fish in virtual-reality swimming systems and monitoring brain activity associated with movement for a better understanding of the human brain.
Researchers studying immobilized arm injuries found increases in the size of brain areas that were compensating for the injured side, and decreases in areas that were not being used due to the cast or sling.
Syncope is a short term but abrupt loss of consciousness with a complete return to preexisting neurologic function.
The same receptors that make people crave marijuana, the cannaboid receptors, may be used to fight cocaine addiction.
A new report suggests those living with HIV may be at an increased risk for other illnesses.
Have you ever wondered why people are so susceptible to temptation after they kick the habit of cigarette smoking? It’s in their heads.
- Oklahoma Tornado Rated EF-4 By National Weather Service, Second Strongest Ranking
- Motorists Advised To Grin and Bear Delays as A.C. Expressway Work Proceeds
- Trash Can Explosion Injures Man In Delaware
- Pennsylvania Convention Center Bookings Way Down For 2014-2016
- Health: Most Sunscreens Don't Provide Good Protection
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...