Neighborhood Improvement District
Philadelphia City Council president Darrell Clarke wants landlords to pay an extra tax assessment to handle noise, trash, parking, and other matters related to student housing.
The North Philadelphia community surrounding Temple University is divided over a plan to tax landlords for more street cleanup and security.
Elected officials love their acronyms, and in Philadelphia City Council this week, we learned a new one: the “NIZ” — for Neighborhood Improvement Zone.
A battle that has divided one of Philadelphia’s fastest-growing neighborhoods isn’t over yet; at least not if an outgoing member of City Council has his say.
A growing Center City community remains divided after a City Council committee vote approving a possible surcharge to residents in that neighborhood to clean up the streets.
- Car Carrier Crashes Into Low Clearance Bridge In Whitemarsh
- Man Shot By Police In Carney's Point After Car Stop
- Source: Federal Funds Might Be Made Available For Philadelphia Schools
- Pennsylvania Senate Republicans Unveil Liquor Reform Proposal
- Judge Imposes Maximum Sentence On Man For Violent Robbery Of Elderly Woman
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...