In its opening contract proposal, the district wants teachers’ work days extended from seven to eight hours, with teachers at the top of the pay scale taking a 13 percent salary cut.
The sides were not expected to discuss the core economic issues that are at the root of the dispute that threatens the start of the regular season.
The largest of Philadelphia’s four city worker unions is turning up the heat on Mayor in long-stalled contract negotiations. They’re running anti-Nutter ads, including one to air during Saturday’s TV broadcast of the Phillies spring training game.
Philadelphia Orchestra Moves Opening Night Performance And Gala To Penn In Light Of Stagehands Strike
Penn’s Irvine Auditorium will host the opening night concert, followed by the Gala dinner at the Museum of Archeology and Anthropology.
- 1 Hospitalized In Police-Involved Shooting In North Philadelphia
- Health: Dangerous Deals Undercover Investigations Leads To Man Running from CBS 3 Cameras Again
- Philly Embracing Role As Title Town For Colleges
- Labor Leaders Unveil Petition Calling On Mayor Nutter To Return Award Bearing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Name
- President Obama To Visit Jersey Shore With Gov. Christie On Tuesday
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta