Villanova improved to 2-1 on the season with a 31-10 win over the Rhode Island Rams in their CAA opener on Saturday.
Matt McGloin threw for 231 yards and four touchdowns and Penn State overwhelmed Navy in a 34-7 win Saturday for rookie coach Bill O’Brien’s first career victory.
Penn State’s new head coach clearly wasn’t happy, and meeting the media seemed like the last thing he wanted to do after losing his Happy Valley debut 24-14 to Ohio.
NCAA leaders planned to announce sanctions against Penn State’s football program at a Monday morning press conference in Indianapolis.
With spring practice starting, Monday is the first day the former offensive coordinator for the New England Patriots can strap a whistle around his neck and start officially coaching the team.
Bill O’Brien’s second day as Penn State’s new leader included a standing ovation after being introduced at a basketball game, and his first meeting with his new players.
Temple and Wyoming will kick off the bowl season on December 17 in the New Mexico Bowl in Albuquerque.
Turnovers, penalties and missed tackles cost the Nittany Lions any hope of hanging with Wisconsin, and a spot in the Big Ten title game for a shot at the Rose Bowl.
Sean Baner kicked four field goals, including two in the fourth quarter to help Delaware rally past Villanova 26-16 on Saturday.
Stephfon Green ran for two touchdowns and the Nittany Lions held Ohio State scoreless in the second half of a 20-14 victory, earning at least a share of the Big Ten’s Leaders Division title.
Jeff Mathews threw for five touchdowns and 548 yards to lead Cornell past Pennsylvania 48-38 on Saturday.
Harvard quarterback Collier Winters threw for a score and ran for another, keeping the Crimson in first place in the Ivy League with a 37-20 win over Pennsylvania on Saturday.
Penn State coach Joe Paterno said he’s shocked by sexual abuse charges brought against former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky and deeply saddened by the allegations.
Chris Polony threw three touchdowns, and Villanova took advantage of Massachusetts miscues in a 35-17 win on Saturday.
Billy Ragone passed for three touchdowns and a career-high 254 yards and Pennsylvania dominated Princeton 37-9 on Saturday to win its fifth straight game in the series.
- Camden Man Pleads Guilty To Cashing Stolen Checks
- Fear Of Sandy Damage At Jersey Shore Leaves Rental Inventory On The Books
- Plenty To Do If You’re Staying In Town For Memorial Day Weekend
- Reproduction Of Historic Slave Ship Arrives At Seaport Museum
- Memorial Day Weekend: Jersey Shore’s First Big Test After Superstorm Sandy
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta