The 76ers held their “media day” at PCOM, and the players say they are excited for the start of the season.
Now that the NBA lockout is in the rearview mirror, teams can focus on the 2011-2012 season, which will consist of just 66 games.
KYW’s Tim Jimenez speaks with Sixers beat writer Tom Moore about the end of the NBA lockout and what it means for the Sixers.
As it seems more and more likely the players will not take the owners’ recent 50-50 revenue split, the likelihood of there being a season will continue to drop, but that doesn’t mean the ball will stop bouncing for LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, and others.
This week I sat down for lunch with Charles Barkley to talk about life and the state of the NBA.
It’s not every day in Philadelphia that ownership of any of the four major sports teams changes hands. It happened this week when the Sixers were officially purchased by Wharton grad and billionaire Josh Harris and a group of investors, which includes someone you may have heard of named Will Smith.
The deal to sell the Sixers to a group led by New York-based leveraged buyout specialist Joshua Harris has been completed. Philadelphia native Adam Aron (photo) is the new CEO.
Chris analyzes President Obama’s fundraiser stops in the city yesterday, talks to Comedian Colin Quinn about his new show at the Susan Roberts Theatre and also talks to CBS 3′s Beasley Reece about the NBA Lockout.
For those who follow the NBA closely, the lockout isn’t a surprise. It’s unfortunate for NBA fans, especially with the fun season that just ended with an incredible Finals between the Mavs and the Heat.
- Chester County Student Suspended, Cited After Classmate Hit By BB
- AC Casino Operators Look For New Options In Search Of Profits
- Three Children Injured In Southwest Philadelphia House Fire
- Spike In Gas Prices Not Affecting Memorial Day Weekend Travel
- Local Non-Profit To Name ‘Best Storyteller In Philadelphia’
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...