National Rifle Association
The National Rifle Association has been chosen to run the nation’s largest sports and outdoor show that was cancelled due to a gun controversy earlier this year.
“Not even the insane people at the NRA can put forward a legitimate explanation” for not limiting assault weapon ownership, Nutter said Friday morning.
Spurred by both last month’s Newtown, Conn., tragedy and three fatal New Year’s Day shootings in Philadelphia, Mayor Nutter indicates that he is preparing a new effort to stem gun violence.
The nation’s largest gun-rights lobby called Friday for armed police officers to be posted in every American school to stop the next killer “waiting in the wings.”
In the wake of the tragedy in Connecticut, it is clear that this nation needs to reform its gun laws and a number of other needs now.
Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter is saddened by the Colorado theater massacre and says it’s about time the country cracks down on guns.
Philadelphia City Council has approved a bill that attempts to close the so-called “Florida Gun Loophole,” though the plan’s sponsors fully expect it to be challenged in court.
Now, Philadelphia residents who are denied a gun permit by the state of Pennsylvania can go online and obtain a permit from the state of Florida.
- Driver Charged With DUI In Fatal Hit-Run Of Teen In Hatfield Township
- Area Doctor Working On Ways To Get More Lungs For Transplant
- 'Fuel Your Passion For Fashion' With New Package At Philadelphia Hotel
- Culinary Scene Down The Shore Explodes This Summer
- Judge Orders Faith-Healing Couple Facing Murder Charges Be Held Without Bail
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta