National Hockey League
The Philadelphia Flyers are going all out to whip up fan support for the strike-shortened season that begins this week.
The clock struck midnight, and the NHL turned into another sports league closed for business.
The lawsuit alleges that Comcast-Spectacor — owner of the Flyers team — misled season ticketholders regarding the sales of tickets to the January 2nd outdoor game.
At the Shops at Liberty Place, the crowd begged for t-shirts being thrown out from the stage by “dancing guy” Shawny Hill and former Flyers’ forward Riley Cote.
A Flyers’ “Fight for the Cup” caravan made its way through the streets of South Philly and center city on Wednesday, ending with a pep rally at the Comcast Center.
KYW’s Matt Leon caught up with Sam Carchidi, the Flyers’ beat writer for the Philadelphia Inquirer, to talk about the Flyers at this point in the season and what he expects down the stretch.
The Flyers will try to bounce back tonight from Sunday’s loss to Boston, visiting the Florida Panthers.
The Flyers have won three straight games at home against various teams, and they are starting Sergei Bobrovsky (7-0-0 against the Islanders) in net tonight.
Zolnierczyk says being on a team with so many fellow rookies does help the transition to pro play.
The dasher boards are up and extra seats have been installed, as Citizens Bank Park gets ready to host hockey’s “Winter Classic” on January 2nd.
The good news: there are lots of tickets available. The bad news is that you may need a second mortgage to afford them.
Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren said today that Giroux’s symptoms have gotten worse since he suffered a head injury against Tampa Bay last week.
The Orange and Black haven’t played since Saturday night, when they beat Carolina, 5-1.
The Flyers have dropped three of four, but they still sit at 5-3-1 overall and in second place in the Atlantic Division.
Flyers’ coach Peter Laviolette called in to KYW Newsradio on Tuesday morning and talked about seeing his captain go down.
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Suspect Wanted In Sex Assault Of 15-Year-Old In Philadelphia
- Christie Acknowledges Progress Made, But Says 'It’s Not Where I Want It To Be'
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...