“I come from a family that wasn’t able to afford a drum set at the time,” says Ryan Crump, founder of the Philly Drum Project. “I understand the need.”
The Central Bucks School District is bidding farewell to a popular music teacher who taught thousands of students, including some who went on to fame of their own in various ways.
The cash-strapped Bristol Township (Pa.) school board is mulling over the end of music classes, and it’s not the only district in a bind. But critics say this solution is shortsighted.
Nearly three years after breaking ground, a prominent Philadelphia-area music school will be dedicating its new building in Montgomery County later this week.
The African-American Museum in Philadelphia has announced its new “Lens Legacy” program, which will allow kids to learn the roots of the music business.
- Pot-Legalization Group Relocates Outside US Courthouse After 2 Arrests
- Philadelphia Orchestra Prepares For Trip To China, 40th Anniversary Tour
- Police: Suspect Dragged Employee With Vehicle While Fleeing After Robbery
- Philadelphia Hosts US Mayors For Discussion on Technology and Government
- Hurricane Forecast: Another Busy Atlantic Season
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta