The exhibit is called “In the Artifact Lab: Conserving Egyptian Mummies.”
Under tight security, a shipment of 40 mummies was delivered this morning to the Franklin Institute. They are the stars of a new exhibit, “Mummies of the World,” that begins June 18th.
Talks with China continue and the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology is hoping the artifacts and mummies of the “Secrets of the Silk Road” exhibit will be allowed to be shown at the museum before heading back to China.
- Historic Society Hill Church Prepares to Mark Its 250th Anniversary
- 1 Hospitalized In Police-Involved Shooting In North Philadelphia
- Health: Dangerous Deals Undercover Investigations Leads To Man Running from CBS 3 Cameras Again
- Philly Embracing Role As Title Town For Colleges
- Labor Leaders Unveil Petition Calling On Mayor Nutter To Return Award Bearing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Name
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta