We often have to do CT scans or MRIs to check for strokes but researchers at Johns Hopkins believe they have a much more simple bedside alternative.
I am a big fan of technology in medicine when it can be used effectively, but I have concerns when it drives up costs and may not be any better than less expensive tests that we already have.
Researchers at Harvard are taking MRIs of the brains of fish in virtual-reality swimming systems and monitoring brain activity associated with movement for a better understanding of the human brain.
The American College of Physicians is teaming up with Consumer Reports to provide medical information regarding important medical topics that affect many of us.
If you stare at a dim light bulb without moving your eyes for about ten seconds, and then look at a blank wall or ceiling, you will likely see an afterimage of the light. Your brain may be playing tricks on your eyes.
Does a person’s brain shrink as they age?
If a person suffers from chronic back pain should they turn to surgery and, if so, what factors would argue in favor of surgery?
In our medical world we have dozens of tests that we can order at any time. This is a great weapon in patient care but it can also be a problem.
Growing scientific research and better technology allows researchers to look closely at the brains of teens prone to bullying.
- SEPTA Riders To See Fare Hikes Starting July 1
- Mary J. Blige Faces $3.4M Federal Tax Lien In NJ
- Pot-Legalization Group Relocates Outside US Courthouse After 2 Arrests
- Philadelphia Orchestra Prepares For Trip To China, 40th Anniversary Tour
- Police: Suspect Dragged Employee With Vehicle While Fleeing After Robbery
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta