Monsignor William Lynn
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A judge is defending her decisions in the trial of the first Catholic Church official in the United States to be charged and convicted in the cover-up of the priest abuse scandal. […]
A priest and a former lay teacher at St. Jerome’s Parish in Northeast Philadelphia are scheduled to go to trial today on sexual assault charges.
The prosecution called a defense request for bail pending appeal for Monsignor William Lynn a waste of the court’s time.
Prosecutors are asking that the maximum sentence be imposed on Monsignor William Lynn, who was convicted of felony child endangerment.
The Philadelphia District Attorney’s office announced on Monday that it will retry the Reverend James Brennan, after a jury was deadlocked in June on his portion of the priest sex-abuse case.
A judge has ruled a Philadelphia Monsignor convicted of child endangerment must stay behind bars. When sentenced later this month, he faces 3 1/2 to seven years in prison.
By Special Contributor Larry Kane PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – It’s been a week since Monsignor William Lynn was convicted of child endangerment charges. What’s next? Philadelphia’s Rocco Palma, a journalist whose web site Whispers in the […]
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia is selling a 19-room beachfront property used by retired priests as it faces a $17 million budget deficit and millions in legal bills associated with a child sex abuse case.
Convicted clergyman Monsignor William Lynn will remain behind bars for now, but the trial judge is considering a defense house arrest request after she revoked bail with Lynn’s conviction last week on a child endangerment charge.
Lawyers for Philadelphia Monsignor William Lynn, the first Roman Catholic cleric in the United States to be convicted of child endangerment for his role in the clergy abuse scandal, will be in court Tuesday morning seeking to free him from prison.
Advocates for the abused are praising the guilty verdicts in the trials of former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky, and Philadelphia archdiocesan official Monsignor William Lynn.
The jury in the priest sex abuse case sat through months of evidence and deliberated for nearly two weeks before reaching their landmark mixed verdict.
A decison has been reached in the child sex abuse case. An announcement is expected shortly after 2pm.
A Philadelphia jury is set to return for a 12th day of deliberations Wednesday in a novel clergy-abuse case, but there’s been no word the panel is at a stalemate.
The jury in the clergy abuse case has worked quietly Tuesday. Deliberations continued through lunch and the panel had no additional questions.
- Car Carrier Crashes Into Low Clearance Bridge In Whitemarsh
- Man Shot By Police In Carney's Point After Car Stop
- Source: Federal Funds Might Be Made Available For Philadelphia Schools
- Pennsylvania Senate Republicans Unveil Liquor Reform Proposal
- Judge Imposes Maximum Sentence On Man For Violent Robbery Of Elderly Woman
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...