Both lawmakers were joined at the police administration building by Philadelphia DA Seth Williams and police commissioner Charles Ramsey.
A state senate committee in Harrisburg has given its approval to a bill that would have Pennsylvania opt out of abortion coverage as part of the new federal health care law taking effect.
One bill would eliminate Traffic Court in all but name only, transferring its functions to Municipal Court. The other measure would allow for an amendment to the state constitution to formally eliminate it.
You’re not fighting the police award, local labor leaders were asking Mayor Nutter today, so why are you continuing to fight the firefighters’ arbitration award?
This L-shaped extension will start at Monkevitch Playground, in the shadow of I-95, and go down past Pulaski Park to Lewis Street, wrapping around the fruit distribution center and city dump.
Actor and former Philadelphia public school teacher Tony Danza (at right in photo) is joining area lawmakers and union officials in denouncing budget cuts at Philadelphia schools.
“The last six months have been a debacle of planning, financial mismanagement, a leadership vacuum and a human resource crisis,” state senator Mike Stack says.
- York County Couple Arrested After Argument Over Television Show Escalates To Stabbing
- Tractor Trailer Carrying Sheetrock Overturned On I-295, Traffic Snarled
- Future Of Municipal Broadband Discussed As Mayor's Summit Concludes
- Princeton Puts 'Great Gatsby' Manuscript Online
- Police Asking Motorists To Avoid Erial Road In Camden County Due To Oil Spill
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta