Mayor Michael Nutter
Philadelphia’s school budget crisis is taking a toll on the arts.
City Council members on Wednesday are expected to give initial approval to the operating budget, and they’ve already approved a new cigarette tax. But they appear unlikely to move on a proposal to hike the liquor-by-the-drink tax from ten to fifteen percent.
The Philadelphia City Council says it plans to form an investigative committee to review city regulations and procedures in the wake of a deadly building collapse.
The Pennsylvania Supreme Court has rejected a bid by the Nutter administration to speed up litigation over its desire to impose a new contract on the city’s blue collar workers union.
In an exclusive interview with Eyewitness News, Mayor Michael Nutter discusses the deadly building collapse in Center City and the issues surrounding the incident.
Dozens gathered as Nutter hoisted the ceremonial sledgehammer and tapped the first keg of Philly Beer Week.
Philadelphia Police held a press conference Friday afternoon at Police Headquarters to display the video.
Labor Leaders Unveil Petition Calling On Mayor Nutter To Return Award Bearing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Name
A few Philadelphia labor leaders unveiled a petition, Thursday evening, calling on Mayor Michael Nutter to give back an award bearing Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s name.
One day after the firefighters union ousted its leader, the Nutter Administration announced the mayor is setting aside more than $30 million towards a resolution of its long-running contract dispute with the union.
The state House has passed and sent to the Senate a pair of bills that would ease the impact of Mayor Michael Nutter’s initiative to overhaul property taxes in Philadelphia.
The King and Queen of Sweden are in the Delaware Valley, celebrating the 375th anniversary of the founding of the New Sweden colony.
City officials say Qatar Airways will begin nonstop service from Philadelphia to Doha in March of next year.
Tourism officials plan to promote 14 neighborhoods that have been revitalized in the last five years, aiming not just at out-of-towners but at Philadelphians too, who may want to try something new, while feeling very much at home.
Tens of thousands turned out for the 10-mile race, the biggest of its kind in the country, and it went as well as organizers had hoped.
Philadelphia Police and organizers are going over all the final details for Sunday’s Broad Street Run.
- Technology Outage Leads To Delays At Philadelphia International Airport
- Vandals Use Maple Syrup To Vandalize Pottstown Church
- Review Of Philadelphia Police Policies Gets Underway
- Judge Imposes Maximum Sentence On Man For Violent Robbery Of Elderly Woman
- Man Shot By Police In Carney's Point After Car Stop
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In... Tiger Woods At The US Open At...
- Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP... Orr At The Shore 2013
- NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...