It looks like the World Series will go the distance and seven games for the second straight year.
All-Star pitchers Cole Hamels and Matt Cain hit homers in the same inning, and Gregor Blanco drove in the tiebreaking run with a drag bunt single in the 10th to lead the San Francisco Giants to a 6-5 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Saturday.
Cliff Lee threw 10 innings of shutout ball, but the Phillies offense didn’t produce a run and Philadelphia lost to the Giants 1-0 in 11 innings.
Matt Cain pitched into the eighth inning to outduel Cole Hamels and lead the San Francisco Giants to a 2-1 win over the Philadelphia Phillies on Wednesday night.
Giants go up 2-1 in NLCS.
Charlie Manuel has been through enough postseasons to recognize special pitching matchups this time of year.
- Pedestrian Struck, Killed By SEPTA Train Near Philmont Station
- Italian Artist's Mosaic Tile Pieces On Display At Pennsylvania Convention Center
- Sisters Ejected From King Of Prussia Mall Over Profane Cancer Hats
- SEPTA Police Chief Tweets Picture Of Alleged Phone Snatcher
- Report Urges End To Automatic Teacher Tenure in Philadelphia Public Schools
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...