The measure approved by the committee would, among other things, lift a cap on wholesale gasoline prices at a faster rate than the governor has proposed.
“Nobody wants to have to pay that, but the numbers are in line with inflation, (or) a little bit higher,” said Matthew Mitchell, president of the Delaware Valley Association of Rail Passengers.
Starting at 1 p.m. on Dec. 26th, the transportation system is offering full-system cross-honoring, which means that customers who take a bus, for example, can use their bus pass to take the train.
The fire at Front and Girard affected SEPTA service on the Market-Frankford El and the Route 15 trolley. One firefighter was injured.
Negotiating teams for both SEPTA and the union representing transit cops met for two hours on Wednesday, but so far no agreement has been reached.
SEPTA is reminding subway riders to be smart about smart phones. Transit officials say there is a dramatic increase of thieves snatching the phones right out of people’s hands.
Responding to a complaint that mass transit in Pennsylvania’s urban areas is too heavily supported with state dollars, the state transportation secretary says motorists in those urban areas also subsidize roads in rural areas – and at a higher rate.
SEPTA will cease all operations early Sunday morning because of dangers posed to commuters and workers by Hurricane Irene.
Amtrak is back up and running on a normal schedule this morning after three straight days of delays because of low-voltage along the Northeast Corridor.
SEPTA bus and trolley riders have new options when it comes to service updates and accessing schedules.
This first report by the think tank Brookings finds low-income Philadelphians have good access to mass transit, but not all of those residents have access to lines that will get them to a job.
The Delaware Valley is one of the big winners in the award of $2 billion in federal transportation funds.
Criminal charges have been unsealed against the driver of a doubledecker Megabus that rammed a bridge in New York state last September, killing four people.
The route spans 10 miles through south Philadelphia, Center City and North Philadelphia. SEPTA spokesman Andrew Busch says about half of the stops between Oregon Avenue and Market Street along 7th and 8th Streets have been eliminated.
There’s a huge gap in Pennsylvania’s plan to fund roads, bridges and mass transit and there’s a good chance that gap will go unfilled next year.
- Local Nonprofit Group Helping Student Athletes Get Screened For Cardiac Problems
- Family of Young Kidnap Victim Plans to Sue Phila. School District
- Parents Of Missing College Student From Montgomery County Make Emotional Plea For Son's Return
- Duckling Rescue Stops Traffic In Montgomery County
- Main Line House Cleaner Sentenced In Theft of Historic Franklin Bust
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing
- Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The...
- 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy... 6 Foods For Healthy Hair,... Famous Women Who Underwent...