This bill, approved by a 15-2 vote, applies only to companies that win large contracts with the city. Mayor Nutter vetoed an earlier version.
Even as Philadelphia City Council on Thursday overrode one veto by Mayor Michael Nutter, another veto by the mayor will stand.
A Montgomery County-based organization that helps families become self-sufficient is asking for the public’s help in supplying the families with the things they need.
Mayor Nutter says the economy factored into his decision to veto a bill that would have mandated many businesses in the city give paid sick leave to workers.
Advocates for the bill say it would cut health care costs. Opponents call it burdensome.
- Actor In Final Episode Of ‘Sopranos’ Stunned By Loss Of Friend Gandolfini
- Eyewitness News Speaks With Gov. Christie, Mrs. Christie At National Dine Out Day
- Main Line Manhunt Ends With Bank Robbery Suspects In Custody
- Bear Spotted Climbing Playground Set In Bucks County
- Firefighters Find Body At Allentown Blaze
- James Gandolfini Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-...
- 2013 US Open At Merion Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice...