A court hearing over organ donation rules is on hold after the Pennsylvania girl at the center of the lawsuit received a lung transplant.
The ten-year-old, critically ill Delaware County girl whose desperate search for a donor lung captured national attention has undergone a successful surgery Wednesday.
The Delaware County girl whose wait for a lung transplant captured national attention was undergoing surgery after a donor lung became available.
The national organization that manages organ transplants rejected making emergency rule changes Monday for children under 12 who are waiting on lungs, but created a special appeal and review system to hear such cases.
The organization that sets national rules for organ transplants has scheduled a teleconference to discuss how lungs are allocated to young people.
The families have asked the Organ Procurement and Transplant Network to set aside its “under 12″ rule.
A second child at a Philadelphia hospital is asking a federal judge to order that he be put on the adult waiting list for a donated lung.
“When a judge or a congressman or a bureaucrat says ‘I’m going to add you’ or ‘I don’t like the rules,’ this comes at a price,” says nationally known medical ethicist Arthur Caplan.
Chris details the restraining order issued that could provide a lung for a Newtown Square girl in need of a transplant and the collapse of a building yesterday in Center City. He talks to Senator Pat Toomey and hosts a debate between Katrina Anderson of the Commonwealth Foundation and Wendell Young of the United Food and Commercial Workers Union on the privatization of Pennsylvania’s state owned liquor stores.
Judge Issues Restraining Order Allowing 10-Year-Old Pa. Girl To Be Temporarily Added To Adult Lung Transplant List
U.S. Senator Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) says a judge has ruled to allow 10-year-old Sarah Murnaghan and potentially other children to be temporarily added to the adult list for a lung transplant.
Chris discusses the struggle by a Newtown Square family to obtain a lung transplant for their daughter, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie’s decision to call a special election to fill the Senate seat of the late Frank Lautenberg, and the appointment of Susan Rice as the next National Security Adviser. He also talks to Congressman Pat Meehan, Lt. Governor Jim Cawley, and Tom McGrath from Philadelphia Magazine.
Chris discusses the death of New Jersey Senator Frank Lautenberg and whether Governor Chris Christie will appoint a Republican to fill his seat. He also details a family’s struggle to get a lung transplant for their daughter and why the government should not be involved. He also talks to Rich Zeoli and climate scientist Steve Goreham.
Under current regulations, adult lungs go priority to patients over the age of 12.
Chris analyzes the New York Times, CNN and Associated Press’s decision to decline a meeting with Attorney General Eric Holder, a local girl’s battle for a lung transplant, and the capture of a bear in Burlington County. He also talks to Victor Fiorillo from the Philly Post about a racial discrimination suit filed against the Philadelphia District Attorney’s office.
There are several new developments in a desperate struggle to save a Newtown Square girl’s life, including a congressman getting involved.
- Lien Placed On Home Of Philadelphia Mayor For Failure To Pay PGW Bill
- Pregnant Woman In Serious Condition Following Triple Shooting in North Philadelphia
- Marcos Camacho, Notorious 'Kensington Rapist,' Sentenced to 50+ Years in Prison
- Police Search For Bank Robbery Suspect In Montgomery County
- Corbett: Dedicated To Finding Long-Term Solution For Philadelphia School District
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In... Tiger Woods At The US Open At...
- Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP... Orr At The Shore 2013
- NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...