Long Beach Island
You’ve heard the message often enough from towns down the shore in the months after Hurricane Sandy: They’ll be ready for tourists come Memorial Day.
Long Beach Township Mayor Joe Mancini says crews have been working seven days a week to get the island up, running, and ready for the spring and summer seasons.
On Long Beach Island, there are signs of progress and hope as beach cleanup continues and businesses, like Foster’s Farm Market, welcomes customers.
Gov. Chris Christie will return to the Jersey Shore for his 100th town hall.
Most people are getting ready for the next summer season, but it’s hard to plan without more than just the promise of federal help.
Hurricane Sandy hammered parts of New Jersey and New York in late October.
Residents of Long Beach Island will be able to return to their homes Saturday morning.
Residents of Long Beach Island are only just getting their first look at the damage and destruction caused by Hurricane Sandy. They were allowed back for a few hours on Monday and officials say they likely won’t be let back in until Saturday.
Anthony Martinelli described what the waves took from his home, and said he was grateful to get on the island Monday, along with hundreds of other LBI residents who lined up on Route 72 for hours.
For the first time since Hurricane Sandy crashed the Jersey shore, Long Beach Island will be open to homeowners on Monday from 7 a.m. until 3 p.m.
As the water recedes from some of the hardest hit New Jersey barrier islands, officials say it will still likely be several days before anyone will be allowed back into the beach towns.
Sandy is expected to hit the shore hard. But one shore builder says newer homes can withstand the punishment.
CBS3 Meteorologist Kathy Orr enjoys LBI’s Beach Haven this week.
New Jersey beachgoers were startled over the weekend to see a small plane flying overhead pulling a swastika banner.
Nine miles worth of oceanfront on Long Beach Island was shut down for a part of last weekend when medical waste started washing up on shore.
- Chester County Student Suspended, Cited After Classmate Hit By BB
- AC Casino Operators Look For New Options In Search Of Profits
- Three Children Injured In Southwest Philadelphia House Fire
- Spike In Gas Prices Not Affecting Memorial Day Weekend Travel
- Local Non-Profit To Name ‘Best Storyteller In Philadelphia’
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...