Living Flame Memorial
Three names were added: those of police officers Brian Lorenzo and Moses Walker, killed last summer, and fire captain Michael Goodwin, killed just last month fighting a fire in South Philadelphia.
Philadelphia’s annual remembrance for fallen heroes took on an especially somber tone as the families of two firefighters killed in the line of duty last month laid wreaths at the Living Flame memorial service.
A competition that began in September has ended with the announcement that a design by a Philadelphia-based architectural firm will be used to build the new memorial in Franklin Square.
Despite a steady rain in Philadelphia, dozens of police officers, firefighters, and family members of those killed in the line of duty gathered for the city’s annual “living flame” memorial on Wednesday in Franklin Square.
- Local Eagle Scout Says Boy Scouts' Vote To Allow Gay Members Still May Generate Disconnect
- Corbett Says Latino Comment Taken Out Of Context
- Campbell Soup Buys Organic Baby Food Company
- Exclusive: I-Team Uncovers What Prayer-Healing Family Told Police After Son’s Death
- Parents, Students And Teachers Rally As School Budget Woes Continue
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta