The Pennsylvania senate is considering a bill that has already passed the house. Its purpose is to do away with the state liquor store system, but most of the debate is about the sale of beer.
Chris responds to the President’s warnings about sequestration and is excited about a bill to finally privatize Pennsylvania’s liquor stores. He talks to Wolgang Puck to discuss the OSCAR’s Governor Ball that he will be catering and to Tom McGrath from the Philly Post. He also brings, Manning, the Piazza Pet of the Week in to get adopted.
The head of the union representing workers in the state’s liquor stores says Gov. Corbett’s privatization plan is a bad idea.
The idea is not only to catch young people trying to palm themselves off as 21 but to prevent those over 21 from getting booze for those underage.
Chris discusses the decision to move his speech to a joint session of Congress to 7pm next Thursday, he talks to Chris Butler about the AT&T/T-Mobile merger and CBS 3′s Beasley Reese about the Eagles last pre-season game.
The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board has turned down a price increase for several hundred items carried in its state-owned liquor stores.
A group of Pennsylvania lawmakers visited Philadelphia today to hear testimony on the idea of selling off Pennsylvania’s state-owned liquor stores. The move could fetch $2 billion or more, according to some estimates.
The stars could be aligning in Harrisburg next year for a massive overhaul of the way alcohol is sold in Pennsylvania. At the top of the list: privatizing Pennsylvania’s 625 state liquor stores.
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Suspect Wanted In Sex Assault Of 15-Year-Old In Philadelphia
- Christie Acknowledges Progress Made, But Says 'It’s Not Where I Want It To Be'
- Bucks County Unveils Plans For Global War On Terror Memorial, But They Need Help Covering The Costs
- Rapper To Project Music Video Onto 3 Philadelphia Landmarks
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...