You’ve heard the message often enough from towns down the shore in the months after Hurricane Sandy: They’ll be ready for tourists come Memorial Day.
The house keys in the big box at Mary Allen Realty in Ship Bottom, Long Beach Island were getting a workout on Monday, as families off for President’s Day came to town to see summer rentals.
Anthony Martinelli described what the waves took from his home, and said he was grateful to get on the island Monday, along with hundreds of other LBI residents who lined up on Route 72 for hours.
It’s said that in tough times, you find out who your friends are, and the owner of a restaurant and B&B down the shore apparently has a lot of them—far more than she thought.
- Delaware County SPCA Offering Free Pet Adoptions For Vets And Military Families
- Google To Roll Out New Feature That Allows Users To Send Money Via Gmail
- Nutter's Tax Plan For Philadelphia School Funding Introduced in City Council
- State Police: Missing Montgomery County College Student Found Safe
- Officials: At Least 1 NJ Bar Under Investigation Served Fake Alcohol To Customers
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta