“He was first of all a great teacher. He was a great preacher of the word of God. He was a great pastor of the people,” Rigali said.
Hundreds of Roman Catholic priests have left a meeting with the Philadelphia archbishop, but it’s not clear if they learned the fate of 23 suspended colleagues.
Philadelphia’s Catholic Church stands at a crossroads. Next Thursday, Archbishop Charles Chaput will be installed as the next leader of the region’s 1.4 million Roman Catholics, replacing Cardinal Justin Rigali.
Cardinal Justin Rigali hired Gina Smith after a Philadelphia Grand Jury found the Church might be turning a blind eye to such cases, despite convincing evidence.
- Two Historic Buildings In South Jersey Among State's ''Most Endangered''
- Blog: Megabus Summer Seat Sale
- Veteran Phila. Police Narcotics Officer Caught In FBI Sting, Charged With Ripoff
- Man Sues South Philly Sex Shop, Claims Gel Burned His Weenie
- Okla. Tornado Is Another Tragedy Requiring Vigilance By All Parents of Young Kids
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...