The Analytics Era has begun, as the Sixers introduce their new general manager Sam Hinkie.
Spike Eskin writes that there are a million reasons to like the Sixers hire of Sam Hinkie, and doesn’t think most of the criticisms he’s heard ring true.
Collins cites family as the reason for leaving, but the decision for Collins to go was good for everyone.
The Sixers are the 20th most valuable franchise in the NBA according to Forbes magazine.
Andrew Bynum said he was “super excited” when he heard he was traded to the Philadelphia 76ers.
Saunders ripped his best player — “He was bad,” the coach said — and most of his team Friday night for a poor-passing, cold-shooting, weak-defending display in a 103-78 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers, the first of two post-lockout exhibition games between the teams.
It’s not every day in Philadelphia that ownership of any of the four major sports teams changes hands. It happened this week when the Sixers were officially purchased by Wharton grad and billionaire Josh Harris and a group of investors, which includes someone you may have heard of named Will Smith.
- President Obama To Visit Jersey Shore With Gov. Christie On Tuesday
- CBS Philly Stations Raise More Than $225,000 For Oklahoma Disaster Victims
- Local Eagle Scout Says Boy Scouts' Vote To Allow Gay Members Still May Generate Disconnect
- Corbett Says Latino Comment Taken Out Of Context
- Campbell Soup Buys Organic Baby Food Company
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta