Mayor Nutter said the sale will happen only if it benefits Philadelphia taxpayers and PGW customers.
Philadelphia City Council members are up in arms over the mayor’s decision to renew a huge contract for prison health care to a company that was recently forced to pay nearly $2 million to settle the city’s fraud claim.
Former Philadelphia Housing Authority Director Carl Greene won’t be back on the stand as planned in a trial over his firing.
Greene, the former head of the PHA, is asking for a million dollars in lost salary and benefits, plus damages, for wrongful termination.
Ground has been broken in the heart of Philadelphia’s Gayborhood for a housing project that will serve the needs of the LGBT community.
Long-shot Republican candidate Karen Brown gave a spirited challenge to Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter in a taped debate Tuesday.
Former Philadelphia mayor John Street has ruled out challenging the current mayor, Michael Nutter, as an independent candidate in this fall’s general election.
US Rep. Bob Brady, the longtime leader of the Democratic City Committee, says John Street, the former mayor, is “serious” about running against Mayor Nutter as an Independent in the November 8th general election.
Chris talks to Rita Cosby about her book, Quiet Hero, NJ State Senate Dawn Addiego about Carl Lewis’ disputed campaign and Political Strategist Larry Ceisler about the ramifications of Tuesday’s primary results.
The primary election may be over, but the race for Philadelphia Mayor could just be getting interesting.
Chris talks to Philadelphia Mayor Candidates Milton Street and John Featherman as well as State Senator Richard Alloway about the castle doctrine and financial analyst Chris Butler about the U.S. long term outlook.
Estelle Richman, a onetime Philadelphia health commissioner, city managing director, and state welfare secretary, is now the sole member of the PHA’s board.
Estelle Richman, HUD’s Chief Operating Officer, will be the receiver, in effect the PHA board, for one year. She spent time as city managing director during the Street administration.
Going into today’s Philadelphia Housing Authority board special meeting, the PHA board chairman, former Mayor Street, was giving no indication that he’s willing to bail and resign at the request of HUD.
The only person so far ready to challenge Mayor Nutter in the May Democratic primary is none other than Milton Street — former state senator, brother of former Mayor John Street, and most recently a prison inmate.
- Bench Honoring Fallen Firefighter Michael Goodwin Unveiled In South Philadelphia
- SEPTA Police Chief Tweets Picture Of Alleged Phone Snatcher
- Veterans Advisory Commission Holds Resource Fair At City Hall
- Report Urges End To Automatic Teacher Tenure in Philadelphia Public Schools
- Movie Review: 'Star Trek Into Darkness'
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...