Visitors were standing in line to see Mighty Mike, the aquarium’s fourteen-foot, 800-pound American alligator.
Councilman Mark Squilla says the association was hobbled by the cost of being sued twice in 13 months. Even though the cases didn’t go to court, he says, the OCCA faced $10,000 in legal bills.
Jurors said the case was emotionally tolling for all involved.
To get the public fired up, area college players participated in a rugby demonstration on a blocked-off street along Rittenhouse Square.
An apparent robbery turns deadly near Second and South streets early Saturday morning.
Small public sidewalk extensions knows as “Parklets” are gaining in popularity in Philadelphia.
One by one, kids dipped a thumb into green paint and then put their mark on a white planter box which will be given to first lady Michelle Obama for the White House garden.
Is it just a coincidence that men’s fashions of that period are making a comeback?
Josh Nims’ wheels started turning about 10 years ago when skateboarders were banned from Love Park because granite was being rough up by the boards.
A panel discussion was held Saturday afternoon in Center City on gay civil rights in Cuba and the daughter of the Cuban President was among the speakers.
Officials say there will be an increased police and emergency personnel presence. Cameras will be scanning the crowd and course.
Sponge Bob Square Pants, Superman, and The Walking Dead are just some of the free comics that will be available at more than 2,000 stores participating in the 12th Annual Free Comics Book Day.
It was announced last week that the State Department would not allow Mariela Castro, daughter of Raul Castro and niece of Fidel, to travel from New York to Philadelphia for Equality Forum’s international LGBT civil rights summit.
Many of the kids ages 12 through 18, are from various Philadelphia schools, and will be among those wearing red socks to show support for Boston Marathon bombing victims.
There will be more than a hundred vendors where you’ll be able to buy and trade records and Cd’s.
- Prayer-Healing Couple Charged With 3rd Degree Murder In Death Of Son
- Officials In Montgomery County School District Unveil New Security System
- Two Historic Buildings In South Jersey Among State's ''Most Endangered''
- Blog: Megabus Summer Seat Sale
- Veteran Phila. Police Narcotics Officer Caught In FBI Sting, Charged With Ripoff
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...