The state Department of Labor and Industry said December’s unemployment rate rose to 7.9 percent from 7.8 percent. The national unemployment rate is 7.8 percent.
Legislative leaders yesterday struck a last-minute deal on legislation that will allow Pennsylvania to qualify for an extension of federally-funded unemployment benefits for 45-thousand residents.
The plan is modeled after a Georgia program that lets unemployed people receive six weeks of jobs training.
- SEPTA Police Chief Tweets Picture Of Alleged Phone Snatcher
- Report Urges End To Automatic Teacher Tenure in Philadelphia Public Schools
- Bench Honoring Fallen Firefighter Michael Goodwin Unveiled In South Philadelphia
- Veterans Advisory Commission Holds Resource Fair At City Hall
- Movie Review: 'Star Trek Into Darkness'
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...