Apparently, and at long last, Andy Reid has decided to pull the plug: Juan Castillo is no longer the Eagles’ defensive coordinator.
Kyle Simon, a relief pitcher the Phillies got in the Thome trade, is performing.
In return for Jim Thome, the Phillies received two prospects in catcher Gabriel Lino and right-hander Kyle Simon.
Chris talks to Phillies Manager Charlie Manuel about their weekend series in Miami and trading Jim Thome to Baltimore and to Jeff Roe and Michael Bronstein on the Monday Morning Matchup. He continues to follow the fallout from the Supreme Court ruling on Obamacare, updates the latest in the case against Congressman Chaka Fattah’s son, Chip, and details emails released indicating a coverup in the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse case at Penn State.
The struggling Phillies have traded Slugger Jim Thome to the Baltimore Orioles.
Pinch-hitter Jim Thome hit a home run leading off the bottom of the ninth inning to lift the Philadelphia Phillies over the Tampa Bay Rays 7-6 on Saturday after Jonathan Papelbon blew his first save in 18 chances this season.
Colby Rasmus hit a two-run homer, Brett Cecil won for the first time in almost a year and the Toronto Blue Jays beat the Philadelphia Phillies 6-2 to complete a three-game sweep.
Chris reviews yesterday’s economic speeches by President Obama and Mitt Romney. He talks to Senator Pat Toomey, Steve Cordasco on Finance Friday, Comedian Judah Friedlander about his performances this weekend at Helium Comedy Club and CBS 3′s Beasley Reece about Jim Thome’s resent surge.
Jim Thome drove in four runs against his former team, including a long homer to pad Philadelphia’s lead, and the Phillies hung on for a 9-8 victory over the Minnesota Twins on Wednesday night.
Matt Wieters doubled in the game-winning run in the bottom of the 10th, and the Baltimore Orioles defeated the Philadelphia Phillies 5-4 Sunday.
Adam Jones hit a two-run homer in the 12th and the Baltimore Orioles won their eighth straight extra-inning game, beating the Philadelphia Phillies 6-4 Saturday and spoiling B.J. Rosenberg’s major league debut.
Jim Thome broke loose in a big way, Shane Victorino homered and drove in five runs, and the Philadelphia Phillies emphatically ended a season-worst six-game losing streak by beating the Baltimore Orioles 9-6 on Friday night.
Philadelphia was unable to generate anything offensively against Padres’ starter Anthony Bass, and the sloppy play in the field didn’t help as the Phillies lost to the Padres 6-1 on Sunday in the series finale.
The Phillies settled for a 3-3 tie with the Baltimore Orioles and lost to the Detroit Tigers 6-3 in split-squad spring training games on Sunday.
Chase Utley’s style of play may have contributed to his injury problems.
- Review Of Philadelphia Police Policies Gets Underway
- Judge Imposes Maximum Sentence On Man For Violent Robbery Of Elderly Woman
- Car Carrier Crashes Into Low Clearance Bridge In Whitemarsh
- Man Shot By Police In Carney's Point After Car Stop
- Source: Federal Funds Might Be Made Available For Philadelphia Schools
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...