Mayor Nutter was highlighting the economic benefit of the weeklong celebration for America’s 237th birthday.
For the past 28 years, Art Sanctuary has held in Celebration of Black Writing Festival, but this year they’ve made a big change.
This March, celebrate Women’s History Month with events and activities honoring local women of the past, present and future.
Throughout day two of the Made In America festival, fans had eyes peeled for the event’s spokesman and headliner, Jay-Z.
The event aims to “embody the American spirit,” but many of the performers also embody Philadelphia’s spirit.
The city where America was made is gearing up for rapper Jay-Z’s “Made In America” music festival, which officials estimate will attract 100,000 fans to Philadelphia over Labor Day weekend.
As the 2011 Grammy’s draw nearer, take a moment to appreciate Philadelphia’s rich musical talent and diversity.
- Pedestrian Struck, Killed By SEPTA Train Near Philmont Station
- Italian Artist's Mosaic Tile Pieces On Display At Pennsylvania Convention Center
- Sisters Ejected From King Of Prussia Mall Over Profane Cancer Hats
- SEPTA Police Chief Tweets Picture Of Alleged Phone Snatcher
- Report Urges End To Automatic Teacher Tenure in Philadelphia Public Schools
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...