A 58-year-old Montgomery County woman will be released from jail after spending 13 months behind bars for stealing from a disabled stroke victim while he was under her care.
A Montgomery County woman who had power of attorney for a disabled stroke victim has admitted in court that she stole more than $300,000 from the man while she was caring for him.
Janet Gitney remains behind bars in lieu of $7.5 million bail, on several felony charges.
A Montgomery County woman accused of swindling money from the disabled man she was caring for is now in federal custody.
Authorities in Montgomery County say a Lansdale woman who fled the country after learning she was the target of a criminal investigation over money she allegedly stole from the man she was caring for has been taken into custody trying to get back into the United States.
Prosecutors have filed theft and related charges against Janet Gitney, but they say the 54-year-old woman has fled the country, probably to the Philippines.
- Veteran Phila. Police Narcotics Officer Caught In FBI Sting, Charged With Ripoff
- Man Sues South Philly Sex Shop, Claims Gel Burned His Weenie
- Okla. Tornado Is Another Tragedy Requiring Vigilance By All Parents of Young Kids
- 'Operation Swill' Targets NJ Bars Found Selling Cheap Liquor In Premium Bottles
- Tech Company Looking To Fill Open Jobs With Adults With Autism
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...