Environmental group Corporate Accountability International delivered petitions to Independence Park headquarters on Wednesday, calling for a ban on the sale of bottled water.
According to estimates, 3. 6 million visitors spend a little over $150 million a year and that goes to support 2100 jobs in the local area.
This was supposed to be the crisis that wasn’t. Now, the impact of some of the expected local cuts would be felt all across the Delaware Valley.
A contractor, grinding a tree stump in Independence Square on Wednesday, made a not so routine discovery.
When completed, the new Benjamin Franklin Museum will be underground — below the area known as “Franklin Court,” just off Fourth and Market Streets.
Over the summer the National Park Service announced they were accepting proposals from other proprietors for the space currently occupied by City Tavern. The September 23rd deadline passed and there were no proposals.
The $4.4-million tower rehabilitation project on Independence Hall is 3 months behind schedule.
The landmark City Tavern Concession contract will be expiring soon and as KYW’s Michelle Durham reports, the property is owned by the National Park Service and officials there have opened the bidding process on a 10 year lease on the property.
The National Park Service is opening the bidding process for a new 10-year lease on the landmark property at 2nd and Walnut Streets.
Hundreds gathered at noon in Independence Square, at the same place and time where Colonel John Nixon first read the Declaration of Independence 235 years ago.
- Man Arrested After Firing Shots At Stepdaughter, Police In North Philadelphia
- 3 Stabbed In 2 Separate Incidents In Philadelphia
- Police: Officers Shoot, Kill Man Wielding 7-Inch Butcher Knife
- Chester County Student Suspended, Cited After Classmate Hit By BB
- AC Casino Operators Look For New Options In Search Of Profits
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...