Major League Baseball and its 30 teams plan to take thousands of teenagers to see the Jackie Robinson film “42.”
Chris concludes his week of broadcasts from the Heritage Foundation in Washington DC with Pennsylvania Congressman Jim Gerlach and New Jersey Congressman Scott Garrett. He also talks to Steve Cordasco on Finance Friday and reviews the first full week of the Phillies season with CBS 3′s Beasley Reece.
There are several scenes in the film 42 in which the Phillies are featured for the shameful way they treated the man who broke baseball’s color line.
Writer-director Brian Helgeland uses baseball as a metaphor for the United States and its segregationism of the 1940s.
Look for these mainstream titles to open on theatre screens during the first few months of 2013.
It has escaped much attention but this past Sunday was “Jackie Robinson Day” in major league ballparks around the country. Robinson and his legacy were remembered with various tributes and testimonials.
Since 1976, every president has proclaimed Black History Month and the leadership of African Americans has been widely noted.
- What's Cooking on 1060: Foraging For Food, Cupcake Milkshakes, and 'Chefs for PAWS'
- Movie Review: 'World War Z'
- Actor In Final Episode Of ‘Sopranos’ Stunned By Loss Of Friend Gandolfini
- Eyewitness News Speaks With Gov. Christie, Mrs. Christie At National Dine Out Day
- Main Line Manhunt Ends With Bank Robbery Suspects In Custody
- James Gandolfini Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-...
- 2013 US Open At Merion Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice...