The folks who write the checks that help keep Atlantic City’s casinos afloat say Internet gambling can help revive the market’s flagging fortunes.
What led to the sudden change of heart is not clear.
New Jersey legislators have once again approved a plan to allow for online gambling within the state. And this time, proponents expect Governor Chris Christie to approve it.
Gov. Chris Christie has vetoed a bill that would have made New Jersey the third state to legalize gambling over the Internet, but he says he will support such a law if it were put on a 10-year trial period.
Michael Frawley, who is in charge at the Atlantic Club, is optimistic. That casino is being purchased by an online gambling firm.
The president of an Atlantic City casino being bought by the world’s largest online poker company is urging Gov. Chris Christie to sign a bill legalizing Internet gambling in New Jersey.
Family-centric groups in 13 states are calling on Congress to block states across the nation from legalizing Internet gambling, saying the societal costs will far outweigh the benefit to tax coffers.
A new poll finds most New Jerseyans oppose legalizing Internet gambling, but want the ability to legally bet on sporting events.
An Internet gambling bill working its way through the New Jersey legislature would let Atlantic City casinos take bets from gamblers in other states and even other countries, as long as federal and state authorities agree it’s legal.
You’ll have to wait a little longer for internet gambling in New Jersey.
- Council Wants To Give A Break To Homeowners Appealing Tax Assessments
- Non-Conventional Housing Forum At Academy Of Natural Sciences
- Coalition Of Lawyers Plegde To Serve Low-Income Families
- FDA Regulations Change Sun Screen Packaging
- What's Cooking on 1060: Memorial Day Grilling Tips, New Book About Cheese
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...