Scientists are exploring a new concern about gas extraction in Pennsylvania’s Marcellus Shale beds: Earthquakes.
The group says natural gas extraction poses two potential threats: the soup of toxic chemicals and the huge amount of water pumped down wells so natural gas comes up.
Opponents of the natural gas extraction technique say they hope to avoid possible contamination of the Delaware River Basin.
- In 2013 Pa. Primary, Most Action In The Cities
- Police Search For Missing College Student Headed Home To Montgomery County
- Gas Prices Expected To Drop As Summer Travel Season Nears
- Knife-Wielding Suspect Robs Mother, 7-Year-Old Son In Delaware
- Port Richmond Breast Cancer Walk Raises Big Bucks For Research At Local Hospitals