Lt. Thomas Shumaker says the animals included turtles, potbellied pigs, chickens, exotic birds, ducks, cats and dogs.
Area animal shelters are behind legislation making its way through the state legislature in Harrisburg that would make it easier for them to care for animals seized in hoarding cases.
85-year-old Elwine Kimball and her 51-year-old daughter Diana were charged with 72 counts of animal cruelty and two counts of conspiracy.
No one on the 900 block of Shunk Street could have imagined the strange case of animal hoarding that was uncovered Tuesday evening in South Philadelphia.
The PSPCA is investigating yet another case of animal hoarding in Southwest Philadelphia.
Humane Law Enforcement Officers from the Pennsylvania Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals are investigating a Northeast Philadelphia home believed to be hoarding cats.
Imagine living in piles of clothes, bottles, bags and other debris, enough junk to seemingly smothering a man who lives amongst it.
- Plenty To Do If You’re Staying In Town For Memorial Day Weekend
- Reproduction Of Historic Slave Ship Arrives At Seaport Museum
- Memorial Day Weekend: Jersey Shore’s First Big Test After Superstorm Sandy
- Historic Society Hill Church Prepares to Mark Its 250th Anniversary
- 1 Hospitalized In Police-Involved Shooting In North Philadelphia
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta