The latest heatwave of the summer has descended on the Delaware Valley and agencies in Philadelphia and Camden counties are urging residents to keep an eye on elderly friends and neighbors in the extreme temperatures.
With temperatures pushing through the 90s, it is important to stay hydrated and cool as often as possible. Philadelphia offers several locations for people to cool down.
Today marks the fourth day of temperatures rising into the 90s.
As large sections of the country suffer in drought, southeastern Pennsylvania has been dry, but has not crossed the drought threshold.
Today marks the fourth heat wave of the summer, as temperatures rose for a third day in a row – into the 90s.
The Montgomery County Commissioner’s office has issued a Hot Weather Health Warning, or “Code Red,” for the county beginning at noon and ending at 8 p.m. on Tuesday.
On Saturday, staying cool wasn’t just a luxury, it was a necessity for anyone who ventured outside in Philadelphia.
City health officials have confirmed two more deaths are attributable, at least in part, to the long wave of sweltering heat in the area.
Saturday’s temperature could be at 100 degrees or above, and your plants are showing signs that they’ve had enough.
As tough as this heat can be on people, it can be just as tough on your car, which is why it’s important to do what you can to keep your car, and your car’s air conditioner, in working condition.
One of the things we see that commonly happens during extended heat waves is that people get impatient, especially people who like to be active.
The heat is causing an increase in attendance at area senior centers.
Southern New Jersey has opened several municipal cooling stations which will be open throughout July 3-4, 2012.
For some, the heat can put a damper on weekend plans while others love it!
Nyree Dardarian, who teaches at Drexel University’s Department of Nutrition Sciences, says minor adjustments to what we eat will improve our resistance to the heat.
- Pedestrian Struck, Killed By SEPTA Train Near Philmont Station
- Italian Artist's Mosaic Tile Pieces On Display At Pennsylvania Convention Center
- Sisters Ejected From King Of Prussia Mall Over Profane Cancer Hats
- SEPTA Police Chief Tweets Picture Of Alleged Phone Snatcher
- Report Urges End To Automatic Teacher Tenure In Philadelphia Public Schools
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...