Some of the most important time a patient spends with a physician is when a doctor and patient can talk – but the doctor doesn’t get paid for that.
Some cancer patients might have trouble finding treatments because of budget cuts. 3 On Your Side Health Reporter Stephanie Stahl says this is affecting patients who get chemotherapy in community clinics.
When it comes to health care, you might think that heart disease or cancer cost the most. In actuality, the most expensive condition to treat is dementia.
It pays to be a smart consumer and, as people are being asked to be more responsible for their health care expenses, it is becoming clear that it is important in this area as well.
It is called the patient-centered medical home and it is one if the hottest concepts in medicine.
Governor Corbett rolled out a wide-ranging agenda as he delivered his budget address to the legislature on Tuesday.
It is called a patient portal. It is a government requirement for doctors and hospitals to distribute records and data from hospital admissions for patients. It sounds good, but it may not be.
From rising healthcare costs to high deductible insurance policies, many people are left with medical bills they can’t afford. Now, many are turning to their computers and a little kindness from strangers.
Whether it is Facebook, Twitter or some other tool, social media has had an impact at many levels. But what about medicine? What has the role been there?
The basic fact is that Romney, Ryan and Republican’s are uncomfortable with a few of the words Congressman Akin used. They are not, however, uncomfortable with the policy position he was expressing. The record shows that they march in lockstep with Congressman Akin.
Chris continues to examine the controversy surrounding a Super PAC ad attacking Mitt Romney and the latest response from a Romney spokesperson. He also reviews his appearance at PAL Night with the Phillies and Andy Reid returning to Eagles one day after his son’s funeral.
The political analysts are still trying to figure out how the Supreme Court decision upholding the health care law might impact the Obama-Romney race.
Chris analyzes the President’s stop at the Franklin Institute last night for a fundraiser. He talks to the Philly Posts Kevin Cirilli from the Jerry Sandusky trial and Jennifer Stefano from Americans for Prosperity about Mitt Romney’s chances of winning Pennsylvania.
Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius says the money is going to help community care centers hire more employees and upgrade facilities.
There are many arguments for and against the computerization of medicine.
- Pot-Legalization Group Relocates Outside US Courthouse After 2 Arrests
- Philadelphia Orchestra Prepares For Trip To China, 40th Anniversary Tour
- Police: Suspect Dragged Employee With Vehicle While Fleeing After Robbery
- Philadelphia Hosts US Mayors For Discussion on Technology and Government
- Hurricane Forecast: Another Busy Atlantic Season
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta