Parents are upset that the Philadelphia School District plans to privatize more Head Start slots next year.
Starting next school year, more than half of the three- and four-year-olds in district preschool programs known as “Head Start” will be served by private day care providers.
President Obama made a brief visit to a Head Start center in Delaware County today, to announce new rules that will have the preschool programs competing for federal money.
In an article in the The New York Times, Nicholas Krisof suggests early childhood education is more important than Occupy Wall Street.
- Car Carrier Crashes Into Low Clearance Bridge In Whitemarsh
- Man Shot By Police In Carney's Point After Car Stop
- Source: Federal Funds Might Be Made Available For Philadelphia Schools
- Pennsylvania Senate Republicans Unveil Liquor Reform Proposal
- Judge Imposes Maximum Sentence On Man For Violent Robbery Of Elderly Woman
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...