The Knicks defeat the Heat 89-87 to force Game 5 and snapped their 13-game playoff losing streak.
LeBron James scored 32 points, including eight straight to start the fourth quarter and break open the game, and the Miami Heat took a 3-0 lead, sending the New York Knicks to an NBA postseason-record 13th straight loss, 87-70 on Thursday night.
Amar’e Stoudemire and Iman Shumpert are sidelined. Jeremy Lin isn’t back yet. So where are the Knicks supposed to find enough offense to compete with Miami?
The short-handed Knicks could really, really use a healthy Jeremy Lin on the court in their first-round playoff series against Miami. Emphasis on healthy.
The Knicks sounded hopeful about Jeremy Lin’s return — and that was before Monday night’s debacle.
This much was certain: Amar’e Stoudemire’s hand was cut so severely that doctors and paramedics were summoned, drops of blood stained the carpet and a piece of glass in the door to a fire-extinguisher case needed to be replaced.
The Knicks were dealt a blow on the scoreboard and to their roster as Iman Shumpert was carried off the court. The Knicks were defeated by the Heat 100-67 in Game 1.
Iman Shumpert suffered a season-ending ACL tear and as a result, any hope of the Knicks competing with the Heat have ended.
The NBA lockout-shortened regular season has come to a close and the playoff teams have been decided. Let’s take a look at the Eastern Conference matchups to give you insight into who we think will come out on top.
St. Joe’s will open play in the NIT on Wednesday night as they host Northern Iowa at Hagan Arena.
Langston Galloway scored 22 points while Carl Jones and Ronald Roberts each added 18 to lead Saint Joseph’s to an 82-72 victory over No. 22 Temple on Saturday.
Carl Jones scored 17 points and Saint Joseph’s pulled away from Massachusetts in the second half for a 73-62 win Saturday night, splitting the season series.
Phil Martelli talks St Joe’s vs. UMass.
Carl Jones scored 16 points and Saint Joseph’s had a school-record 17 blocks in an 81-50 rout of Morgan State on Wednesday night, making coach Phil Martelli the Hawks’ all-time leader in career victories.
- Christie: Great Progress Made But Until Folks Are Back In Homes It’s Not Where I Want It To Be
- Bucks County Unveils Plans For Global War On Terror Memorial, But They Need Help Covering The Costs
- Rapper To Project Music Video Onto 3 Philadelphia Landmarks
- Police Search For Missing 12-Year-Old Boy In Philadelphia
- Ribbon Cutting To Open Jersey Shore For Memorial Day Weekend Makes Guinness World Records
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...