Kate O’Neill, deputy director of the Chestnut Hill Business Association, says “Harry Potter Weekend” appropriately takes place the weekend closest to Halloween.
If you search the web for celebrities, there are some boldface names you might want think twice about before you click.
It’s graduation time! But not all commencement speakers who receive honorary degrees have inspiring messages.
‘The Avengers’, an assemblage of Marvel Comics superheroes, not only took the weekend box-office crown with a vengeance, but set the record for the biggest debut in movie history.
The weekend’s new attractions led the way at the box office, which exceeded expectations for Super Bowl weekend, traditionally slow at multiplexes.
In honoring the grand tradition of British horror, British director James Watkins takes a refreshingly old-fashioned approach to the frightening elements in his period ghost story.
A recent article in The Wall Street Journal criticized what were called “dark themes” in young adult literature and the National Coalition Against Censorship newsletter reported that a huge protest ensued.
Headlining our home video collection this week is a mammoth assortment of works by two of the most popular comedy personalities in movie history.
Chestnut Hill College will be hosting its second annual Quiddich Tournament this weekend, and has other events planned.
A look back at the great movies, music and books that came out this Summer and a preview of what we can look forward to this Fall
The Harry Potter phenomenon has, of course, created worldwide interest in the magical world it involves. But every so often, LaSalle University looks at the philosophy the series embodies.
It’s the movie version of the second half of the seventh and last book, and the conclusion of the highest-grossing international franchise in movie history.
There’s no doubting the impact of the Potter books on students, says J.T. Barbarese who teaches at Rutgers-Camden. In one of his classes, maybe 80% of the students have read them or are familiar enough with them for discussion.
It’s not Harry Potter’s Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, but an area college with a castle-like setting is hosting a prestigious youth magic camp this week.
Over a thousand tickets were given away for the first local advance screening of the final Harry Potter movie. Before the movie started, KYW’s Tim Jimenez stood in line, inside and outside, with fans waiting in King of Prussia.
- Plenty To Do If You’re Staying In Town For Memorial Day Weekend
- Reproduction Of Historic Slave Ship Arrives At Seaport Museum
- Memorial Day Weekend: Jersey Shore’s First Big Test After Superstorm Sandy
- Historic Society Hill Church Prepares to Mark Its 250th Anniversary
- 1 Hospitalized In Police-Involved Shooting In North Philadelphia
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta