Theresa Rose and a group of volunteers started Philly Stake in September 2010. It was a simple idea: Organize a homemade dinner and sell tickets. The money goes in a pot. During the meal, the diners read and hear about community projects, then vote.
Philadelphia University has received a $15 million gift, the largest donation in school history.
The Settlement Music School received a grant from The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation to provide music training to children from low-income families.
Wilmington officials say the city has been awarded a federal grant to hire firefighters and help reduce a projected deficit in the next fiscal year.
- Philadelphia To See Economic Boost From NCAA Lacrosse Championships
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Suspect Wanted In Sex Assault Of 15-Year-Old In Philadelphia
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...